[Zope] Setting dtml-vars from within external methods [Q]

Bruno Mattarollo brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 19:00:51 -0300

Hello...

	I have a DTML Document that contains the following piece of code:

<dtml-in external(REQUEST)>
<dtml-var var_name>
</dtml-in>

	And I have an External Method... called external ... How do I set the dtml-var "var_name" from within my external method? I mean, I have done:

listResult = []
for i in range(1, 5):
	listResult.append(...)
return listResult

Where "..." is what I need to do and I cannot figure out how to set the var_name. I tryied "REQUEST.set('var_name', i)" but it returns, as it is supposed to, 4 times "4" (the last value set by the REQUEST).

Anyone?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all the Zopistas!!! :-)

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <brunomadv@ciudad.com.ar>