[Zope] more Zope image overwriting weirdness

Darcy Clark darcyc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:35:36 -0500

I am still struggling along with trying to get Zope (2.01 on Linux) to
properly manage image *overwriting* for a web application that I am developing.

I previously posted about this (http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/md534753122.html)

here is some simple code to illustrate my problem :

I have a form that prompts users for

<input type="text" name="id" size="20">
<input type="file" name="image">

i.e.  id is the name of image, and file is the file to be uploaded from
the local file system to
Zope. the action of this form is the added_new_staff method below :

<dtml-with REQUEST>
	<dtml-with "_[id]">
		<dtml-call "manage_upload(REQUEST['image'])">
	</dtml-with>
</dtml-with>

Zope executes the above without complaint, but when I try to use the
image in other methods, I get the *old* image. *BUT* when I try to view
/image/image I see the new uploaded image......what is going on here ?
It seems that I am running into a side effect of acquisition here, but I
also notice that when you use Zope's builtin image uploading and
updating through the management interface, I get the same behavior.  Is
this a bug or a feature ? Can I really overwrite an image in Zope ?

thanks for any helps,

Darcy

Ph: (734) 764 3377
Email: darcyc@engin.umich.edu
'If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate'
..... Steven Wright