[Zope] Newbie question

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:20:20 -0800

[Chris McDonough, on Mon, 27 Dec 1999]
:: Adding to what Patrick said, if you want to see a list of RPM packages
:: installed on your machine, type:
::
:: rpm -aq

And if you don't want to sift through all that output for just the pkg
you want, you can type, e.g.:

rpm -aq | grep apache

:: By default, a Zope setup will bind itself to TCP port 8080 (this can be
:: changed in ZOPEHOME/z2.py).  A typical from-source Apache setup will
:: bind itself to TCP port 8080 as well (this can be changed in
:: APACHEHOME/conf/httpd.conf).  I would recommend changing the port that
:: Apache listens on to 80 if it's hogging 8080.  You can do this by
:: editing your Apache setup's conf/httpd.conf line.  The line that reads
:: "Port 8080" should be changed to "Port 80".  Then restart Apache (use
:: "apachectl restart").  For good measure, restart Zope too (use the
:: "stop" script, then use the "start" script).

Oddly, it appears that people who use the default RedHat Apache install
don't get `apachectl`, since it is normally in the source and needs to
be manually moved to a binary directory. At least I noticed this on
6.1.  :(

Of course, you can always just do `/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/httpd restart`
instead, or make your own little Bash script to call this.