[Zope] Authentication with IIS --> Zope through REMOTE_USER: at last!

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:56:54 -0500

Ava wrote:
> I asked some days ago how to make IIS handle authentication
> and pass the information back to Zope through REMOTE_USER.
> Rob Page said that if IIS doesn't pass REMOTE_USER, I could
> write an ISAPI filter to stuff the value in the request. He's right:
it is
> easy to do (I wrote the filter in 10mn !)

Wow!  I didn't think it would be THAT easy!  :^)

<snip>

> Please send any comment to minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
> This document may turn into an howto, once I get sufficient time

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (yes, I'm grovelling!) turn this into a how-to as
soon as you have time.  Please include the source (and binary if
possible) of the filter (I presume it's in the form of a .dll?).  This
is EXACTLY the kind of research that begs to be captured out of the
torrent of ideas and solutions on this list!!

Thanks in advance!
--Rob Page