[Zope] "import" within external method file doesn't work

Andres Corrada andres@corrada.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:31:43 -0500

christian@newopenness.de wrote:
> method somewhere in the tree and try to view the DTML document from
> which the method is called, Zope tells me that it can't find the module
> I tried to import in "A". Is this a bug or I'm too much newbie?

I've encountered this also and it goes away if I restart the Zope
process. The other thing that has gotten me is "shadowing" by Zope
classes, e.g. defining a User class of your own will get shadowed by
Zope's User class if you happen to put the class in the Extensions
directory. This is easy enough to fix with something like:
	import MyVeryOwnClasses.User

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres@corrada.com
Owner                     http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                     Phone: (413) 587-9595