[Zope] Re: What is the zope way to do this ?

Andrey V Khavryutchenko akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua
30 Dec 1999 16:31:46 +0200

Hi, Olivier!

OD> [1 - Dealing with the Storage of my Objects] I don't want to deal with
OD> any Relational storage directly. I would like to go on using a full
OD> object approach : to have persistent python objects.  Use of OQL would
OD> be nice, but not mandatory for my first needs.  At last, I don't want
OD> to have to store/retrieve my objects from a SQL database by hand...The
OD> persistent mechanism should be as easy to use and handle as the shelves
OD> one(I don't need to use shelves in particular - I just want an
OD> object-storage mechanism). There is no need for me to have access to
OD> the today-existing datas (that were store in files from the shelves
OD> mechanism).

As far as I understand, this could be handled by RelationalStorage.  It is
mentioned at http://www.zope.org as under development.  I've asked week ago
about its state, but got no answer yet.

If there'll be no news in few weeks, I'm going to develop it by myself
(have some experience -- done the same in my 1.5-year-old bobo project).

OD> [ 2 - Dealing with the visual HTML representation of my objects ] I
OD> would like to have a strong frontier between the rendering of data
OD> (=production of HTML code) and the logic of my application (=python
OD> code that handles the life of my objects).

Could be easliy handled by dtml coding.

OD> [ 3 - Reusability - Luxe ] I would also like to be able to use the same
OD> python code in both the console and web version (not mandatory).

This may require to add few interface classes specifically for zope
version, but I see no problems in that.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Software & SPI Engineer      Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.