[Zope] Passwd doesn't take

Xeno Campanoli xeno@aa.net
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:25:34 +0000

I seem to have zope running on my Debian/Linux workstation as follows:

  1  3502  3502  3502 ?           -1 S        0   0:00 python
/usr/sbin/zope-z2
 3502  3503  3502  3502 ?           -1 S       33   0:14 /usr/bin/python
/usr/sbin/zope-z2

and I get prompted for the password when I give the following URI to
netscape:

http://localhost:8080/manage

but I give my name and password (which I think is correct because after
it failed the first time I changed
it with:asp:/usr/lib/zope# ./zpasswd.py ~zopepasswdfile
Username [superuser]: Xeno
Password:
Verify password:

Please choose a format from:

SHA - SHA-1 hashed password
CRYPT - UNIX-style crypt password
CLEARTEXT - no protection.

Encoding [SHA]:
Allowed domains [enter=all]:

...and after it rejected the password and I hit cancel, it said:

             Zope Error

             Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
resource.

             Unauthorized

             You are not authorized to access this resource.

             Troubleshooting Suggestions

                    The URL may be incorrect.
                    The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
                    A resource that this resource relies on may be
encountering an error.

             For more detailed information about the error, please refer
to the HTML source for this page.

             If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
Thank you for your patience.

And so I'm stuck.  I think I have a valid install, as I went through all
the standard dpkg -i install packages
to get there, and the thing runs and stayed in memory for about a day
now.   I'm hoping this is a simple problem with the way I'm setting the
password, or the way I'm specifying the URI to netscape.  Can somebody
make a suggestion or tell me where to read?  Thanks.