[Zope] ZDiscussions & SiteAccess

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:21:03 -0600

tonyr@ep.newtimes.com wrote:

> Has anyone else been attempting to use ZDiscussions in conjunction with
> SiteAccess?
>
> Here is the problem I am having:
>
> Problem Description:
> --------------------
> When I add discussion item from Virtual Hosted URLs the discussion item
> adds to discussion but ZDiscussions.children() method returns None for
> those items.  This is not the case for items added via non VirtualHosted
> URLs, same discussion just different access path.
>
> When I add ZDiscussion Items via VirtualHost the items appear to be
> there in the /manage screens but yet the children function shows None
> for each of these thus the ZDiscussion index_html is all messed up.
>
> Upon further investigation the culprit appears to be the ablolute_url
> function in conjunction with SiteAccess and ZCatalog.  The entries in
> ZCatalog show:
>   /feedback/1999-12-16/film.html for the "broken" entries done via
> VirtualHost
>   /city/feedback/1999-12-16/film.html for the functional entries
>
> Upon still fruther investigation this problems also accures in the
> ZCache product when used under SiteAccess.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?  I really am trying to make this work.

When I rewrite URL's from Apache into Zope and use ZCatalog, I have to prepend
"&dtml-SCRIPT_NAME;/" to the absolute_url() path to get it to work (see the
HowTo at http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/catalog_under_apache).  I don't
know exactly how this will work with the SiteAccess stuff, but I would guess
that you will need to use something like it.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com