[Zope] Prevent image-reloading...

Andy Smith andy@verticality.com
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:46:15 -0500

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is an generic HTML question or a Zope question so pls.
bear with me!

I've just been changing a site to switch from a frames-based layout to using
tables instead to organise the page content (in fact the new layout has
striking similarities to the zope site ;) ).

One thing that's niggling at the moment is that the sidebar buttons are
gifs, but they seem to reload every time another page is seleced, even
though the URL for the gif is identical. This was fine when using frames,
because the buttons would only load once and then they'd just sit there in
the frame doing nothing, however, now using tables the whole page is
reloaded every time, the GIFs are being reloaded for every single mouseclick
:(

I'm using IE4.01... in the past most gifs of this sort are just pulled out
of a cache when they're referenced, is there a technique whereby you can
tell a browser you want the gifs *not* to be reloaded?

Cheers,

Andy.