[Zope] Zope XML processing

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:46:41 -0500

Just a quickie note...  I've begun doing some XML processing using the
xml-sig's xml library and Z Templates.  Specifically, walking a DOM tree in
ZTML.  Just demo stuff so far, like:

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#with firstChild-->
<PRE><!--#in childNodes
-->'<!--#var tagName-->' Node: "<!--#var toxml html_quote-->"
<!--#/in--></PRE>
<!--#/with-->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

The only Python I had to write in order to integrate XML objects with my
framework was:

from xml.sax.saxexts import make_parser
from xml.dom.sax_builder import SaxBuilder

_parser = make_parser()

def xml_loader_(filename,**kwargs):
        h = SaxBuilder()
        _parser.setDocumentHandler( h )
        _parser.parseFile( open(filename,'r') )
        return h.document

xml_classinfo_ = None,xml_loader_

I imagine integration with Zope would be a bit more complex, but not
because of the XML aspects.  I may take a whack at making an XMLDocument
product for Zope when I have some spare time, if nobody else is currently
working on one.