[Zope] - XML-style DTML code

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:50:09 -0800

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> Since ColdFusion uses 'regular' tags, it's relatively easy to extend
> editors to handle them, albeit it usually in a limited fashion.
> <STUFF DELETED>
> I don't even know what else is out there.  I think Vignette's StoryServer
> can be used with DreamWeaver in the initial stages of design, but once
> StoryServers code starts getting into the HTML code they advise not going
> visual anymore (i think StoryServer uses *twitch* TCL in their pages).
>
> In any case, this is a very meaty problem - and not just for Zope.  (or in
> other words "ohhhhh, it's so much worse than you think" :)

I think I should mention that Allaire Homesite/ColdFusion Studio is
specifically built to allow its extension with new tagging schemes. It
even has a markup language for that purpose (VTML: Visual Tool Markup
Language), that lets you define proper nesting, pop-up tooltips etc. I'm
not sure, but I think that the comment-style syntax might still be a
problem, though.

I think someone has created a VTML file for Perl, and I know that ASP is
supported. This might be a good route to atract current ColdFusion users
to Zope.

Michael.