[Zope] hard-coded pcgi

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 21:31:07 -0600

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>  Does anyone out there already have a pcgi-wrapper that is
> hardcoded to run directly instead of through a script like Zope.cgi?
> I want to do this so that I can safely run it setuid. If no one
> has such a beast, I'll muck about in the C code and see if I can
> patch it. (I haven't done anything in C since '96... the thought
> of going back is frightening :)

I'm not sure I understand how this increases security, but if your
goal is to hardwire all your Zope settings into a binary, it's
not difficult to do.  Although maintaining it will be a drag.
If you're going to go down this path, you might as well
write a Python shell script to automate the process, i.e.
have it read in Zope.cgi to create a header file that is
then is compiled to your binary  (Please call it something
other than pcgi-wrapper.)  This should all be probably
placed in a Makefile, with Zope.cgi as your dependency.

With queasy regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.