[Zope] Folder properties question and a solution

David Wagle david.a.wagle@healthpartners.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:13:54 -0600 (CST)

ok, yet another stupid query :)

I have  a site layout like so:

foldera>
   foldera.1>
   foldera.2>
folderb>

and I have properties set for foldera>

In foldera.1> i have a document wherein I
use the  #in tag, but it doesn't seem to
have access to the foldera> properties.

Now, from reading the manual, it seems
that properties are supposed to propigate
through to all objects in a folder. So why
doesn't a document in a subfolder have the
property list from the above folder?

or am I missing something?

--------------
solution for spanning a table with entries from
a property list of tokens.

I have been trying to populate a 2 column table
with entries from a property list, but was just
not having any luck.  Then, hidden in a footnotish
bit of text in one of the manuals, I noticed a
small blurb about the "-even" tag to sequence-index

TADA -- instantly my problem was no more -- the code
looks like this if anyone else is trying to do something
similar:

	<TABLE BORDER=0 WIDTH="100%">

	      <!--#in project_property_tokens-->

	      <!--#if sequence-index-even-->
	      <TR>
		<TD>
		  <INPUT type="checkbox"
                         name="project"
                         value="<!--#var sequence-item -->">
		  <!--#var sequence-item spacify-->
		</TD>
		<!--#else-->
		<TD>
		  <INPUT type="checkbox"
                         name="project"
                         value="<!--#var sequence-item -->">
		  <!--#var sequence-item spacify-->
		</TD>
	      </TR>
	      <!--#/if-->

            </TABLE>

I'm slowly coming to realize that Zope is really
powerful NOT just for the ease at which it can do
interfacing with databases and structuring of site
hierarchies, but also for the really cool layout stuff
you can make VERY easy with it as well.

-daw

A computer without Microsoft products is like
a dog without bricks chained to its head