[Zope] PDF needs ExternalFile Object with byte-range capability?

Jeff Nielsen jeffniel@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:52:06 -0800

serve graphics files with my web pages. Instead of using ZopeHTTPServer,
I've integrated Zope with IIS 4. I'll serve the content from Zope (via cgi)
and the graphics directly from IIS. It seems to work well, you might
consider combining Zope with your web server of choice...

Jeff
jeffniel@ix.netcom.com

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Brad
Clements
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 1999 12:03 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] PDF needs ExternalFile Object with byte-range
capability?

I need to start serving large .PDF files from my ZopeHTTPServer.

I'm thinking that I'd rather not put the actual data into bobo.

Does anyone have an ExternalFile object?

Also, I'd like to support byte-range serving. I'm thinking that I could
modify Image.py File class, in index_html check to see if REQUEST
has a byte-range heading, if so use a range on self.data, as in return
self.data[startoffset:endoffset]

I'd also have to set RESPONSE headers. I'm concerned about getLen
and len methods. Are they used to set the content-length response
header? If I set a content-length header myself will that over-ride Zope's
default process of setting the length?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836