[Zope] Bizarre Authentication Problem.

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:12:43 -0600 (CST)

-- Start of included mail From:  "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@amber.org>

> OK, I sent a copy of my database to support@zope.org, but...
>
> It seems that no matter what I do with security, that to get past the
> root folder of my site, you have to be authenticated... I know someone
> else complained about this one, and don't remember what the resolution
> is, and i cna't find it in the archives...
>
> Basically, I've tried overriding security for each folder, but nope,
> that doesn't work...

Are you perchance using UserDb for the acl_users folder? I just
submitted a report to the guys at Digicool regarding this problem
with UserDb a few days ago. Specifically that 'View' 'Access contents
information' and 'Use Database Methods' are required to be available
to Anonymous at the root folder in order for UserDb authentication to
work.

Haven't heard back from them.

Kent