[Zope] Zope and FastCGI

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:07:40 -0500

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 10:33 AM 2/4/99 -0600, Clint Shelby McCulloch wrote:
> >
> >Any clues as to what would it take to get Zope to work with the apache
> >fastCGI module?
> >

> I'm running a production Zope application (albeit a small one) on FastCGI
> right now.  I just added a lockfile (to prevent multiple process
> instantiation).  I'm using cgi-fcgi as a CGI-to-FastCGI gateway, rather
> than mod_fcgi, but the result is the same.
>
> I hope in the next few days to tackle a multithreaded, 100% Python FastCGI
> front-end for ZPublisher.  When it works, I'll share code, as I'd like to
> see it get back into Zope the way my CGI front-end code did.  :)

ZServer *will* support FastCGI. I was thinking of doing this
myself, but don't know when I'll get to it.  You might consider
working on the ZServer (Medusa) FastCGI support.  It should be
easier and will be more useful to others, I think.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.