[Zope] Zope in Virtual Host on ISP

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 18:09:52 -0600

On 2/8/99 2:32 PM , Jeff Bauer jbauer@rubic.com said:

>Can't your ISP answer that question for you?  If s/he can't,
>it may be time to look for a new ISP.  There are plenty that
>are willing to support Zope (hint, hint).

<grin> Overall, we've been real happy with these folks. For the most
part, that is. This is one of the rare cases where we need something not
installed. And yep, I'll get an answer back...eventually. They're in the
process of a major upgrade, and are pretty busy. I'm just extremely
impatient. I wanna play. :+)

Actually, that brings up another point. We also, in addition to our
Virtual account, have a basic user account, which as it turns out is
hosted on a different machine. One _with_ Python .5.1 and no PyApache!
BUT (ain't there always...) they are running Apache 1.2.6, which doesn't
deal well with the Rewrite for authorization. So on that machine, I've
got Zope running, but can't authenticate. My questions:

A. Are there any alternatives to the Rewrite under Apache that might work
ith Apache 1.2.x...

and/or

B. Has anyone played around ith using PHP to handle the authentication?