[Zope] null attribute not working with MySQL

Philip Aylesworth phila@regalint.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 10:38:05 -0500

I have the following tag:

<!--#var location null=""-->

According to what I have read this should put nothing in if the value
retrieved from MySQL is null. Well, it's putting the string "None" in, so I
have a table full of Nones!

MySQL returns NULL for null values, so Zope is understanding that and
returning the Python value of None. Right?

Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

I am just learning Zope with no knowlege of Python or OOP, so you may have
to be very clear in your suggestions (in other words - don't worry about
offending me by talking down to me!). I have been using MySQL from Perl for
a while, though.

Thanks,

Phil.

Philip Aylesworth                  Information Systems Manager
phila@regalint.com
PGP public key: http://www.regalint.com/PGPkeys/phila.html