[Zope] Zope in Virtual Host on ISP

Chris Larson clarson@changeling.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:03:40 -0600

On 2/9/99 8:27 AM , Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com said:

>Chris wrote:
>> BUT (ain't there always...) they are running Apache 1.2.6,
>> which doesn't
>> deal well with the Rewrite for authorization. So on that
>> machine, I've
>> got Zope running, but can't authenticate. My questions:
>
>We have a patch in ftp.digicool.com/pub/releases/ for Apache 1.2.6.

I'm assuming this is a patch that needs to be applied by the ISP to their
Apache. A large part of my problem is that for the next few days, my ISP
is undergoing upgrades of the mail system, so there won't be much help
forthcoming. I'm hoping to find a solution I can apply without needing to
wait for them to make changes.

>> A. Are there any alternatives to the Rewrite under Apache
>> that might work
>> ith Apache 1.2.x...
>
>Some folks here are using mod_proxy to talk to the Zope server using
>HTTP, rather than PCGI.

I'll check the archives for discussion of this, but is it written up
somewhere? Sounds, off the top, like the solution I need.

Thanks for the help, Paul.

Chris