[Zope] aqcuisition / symbolic links question

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:13:57 -0400

On 9 Feb 99, at 16:17, WWW Admin wrote:

> maybe i'm wrong but here is an asciigram of what i'm talking
> about.
>
> Zope /
>  Docu
>    router_txt
>
>  Netadmin
>    routerstuff_html
>
>  ISP
>
> how can i include the text in router_txt in say
> routerstuff_html via aquisition if Netadmin and ISP
> are not on the same level (not a subdirectory of Docu)?
>
> as far as i know zope won't let me do tags that look
> like this <!--#var /Docu/router_txt newline_to_br-->
> in relevantdocs_html.

<!--#var "_.render(Docu.router_txt)" fmt=newline_to_br-->

Note however that if Docu.router_txt contains an <!--#in -->, then some
args aren't passed correctly to the lookup function. They have to be re-
expressed in router_txt. I think this is a bug, but I haven't submitted it
yet.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937

We must come down from our heights, and leave our straight
paths, for the byways and low places of life, if we would
learn truths by strong contrasts; and in hovels, in forecastles,
and among our own outcasts in foreign lands, see what has been
wrought upon our fellow-creatures by accident, hardship, or vice.
- Richard Henry Dana, Jr. 1836