[Zope] - Authentication - users don't work at all!

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@rice.edu
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 13:37:19 -0600

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
<description of my authentication problems>

In the continuing series of talking to myself in public, I've worked
backward through my personal problem list. It was time for me to get ANY
user authentication working, and I've now done it. Since I couldn't get
any of the various authentications to work, even the most basic via
ZopeHHTPServer, I figured I must be getting something quite basic wrong
- so I poked around and came up with me misunderstanding the
manage_users role interface! I was creating users with _no_ roles, since
I didn't realize I was looking at multi-select list that required roles
to be highlighted.  Silly me, everything's hunky-dory now.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer