[Zope] aqcuisition / symbolic links question

Jim Fulton jim.fulton@digicool.com
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:05:36 -0500

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
> > > so my question is:
> > >
> > > does zope have an equivalent to a unix symbolic link?
> >
> > No, but we plan to add RDF-style reference properties that
> > should (at least partially) accomplish this.
>
> Will RDF reference properties solve the kinds of situations I described
> in the'OO paradigm' thread?

They might be *a* solution.  Reference properties would act alot
like Unix symbolic links.  You could also create the moral equivalent
of hard links, by simply doing Python assignments or
ObjectManager._setObject calls.  Or you could use some sort of
clever psuedo container as is done (in different ways) with
Z Tables or SQL Methods.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.