[Zope] Path-info

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:49:54 -0800

At 02:10 PM 2/10/99 +0100, Wiebe Kunst wrote:
>Hi all
>
>This is probably a Newbi question, so bare with me.
>In Zope PATH_INFO, BASEn or URLn all return a string consisting of hostname
>and folder ID's. Is there a way to create a similar string consisting of the
>folder Title's ?. I don't have access to the Python libs, so I have to do it
>in DTML. Hope somebody has an answer to this.

If you look at the default text created in new documents you will find a
clue. If you are using a DTML Method you can access its Folder's id with
<!--#var id--> and it's title with <!--#var title--> In fact you can access
any Folder property within a DTML Method in the same way.

There are also a couple other interesting vars you might want to check out.

<!--#var title_or_id-->
<!--#var title_and_id-->
<!--#var document_title-->

Try them out.

I believe that you can find out more about how this works in the Zope
Manager's Guide.

-Amos