[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:39:21 -0500

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 08:13:40AM -0800, Scott Robertson wrote:

> You are very correct. That's why are first Zope Virtual Hosting Machine
> will have between .5GB-1GB of memory to start with. But it only took me 5
> minutes to get the process to swell up to 18MB. That means some
> industrious/mallicious user could conceivably swell theirs up to 100MB
> even the full GB and then nobody else would get to play.

Any know what happens when Pyhton/Zope hits a resource limit on the
machine? :-)  If it degrades "ok" then you could at least instigate
limits :-)  You could even set Zope to crank down its own limit.

Chris