[Zope] Documentation & Examples

Theodore Patrick tpatrick@IndigoNetworks.com
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:59:04 -0600

<FLAME>

I hate manuals as do many others.
I learn by example.
Without good examples of ZOPE DTML, DEVELOPMENT IS DIFFICULT with this great
product.

I KNOW - "RTFM" but there's barely any DTML in the
1. Z Document Template Markup Language User's Guide
2. Zope Manager's Guide

HTML is easy to learn because of VIEW SOURCE.
DTML is difficult because of a lack of examples.

There are very few examples in the documentation and well commented code is
hard to come by anywhere on the ZOPE site, except for 6 great examples in
the How-to section.

IS there a DTML Code Library for Idiots out there!!!

Put together a simple library of code
1. Include clear comments
2. Document individual functions
3. Make it for idiots not code junkies

Two things will happen.

1. ALLOT MORE USERS
2. ALLOT MORE SOURCE DTML

Everybody Wins!!!!

</FLAME>

Don't get me wrong! Zope is a fantastic Product and is one of the best
application servers on the market for any price. We use it all the time.

If someone can prove me wrong, I'll Take it all back!

Best,

Theodore E. Patrick
Indigo Networks

email: tpatrick@indigonetworks.com <mailto:tpatrick@indigonetworks.com>