[Zope] Better Memeory Management Feature Request

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:38:05 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> So all you Linux fellows out there need to suggest a good way
> for us to track this on a regular basis.  We propose a cron
> job sniffs the /proc filesystem.  What kind of information do
That depends. If you want to have many samples (say every minute), it
would be cheaper to have a long running process doing the collection.

For general consumation, TRS, DRS (SWAP?) would be ok.
For your internal analyzing, you should probably write the data into the
httpd access_log: This way you will have a reference to see which requests
resulted in which changes. Perhaps even make Zope log it's memory size
after each request.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by