[Zope] DISCUSS: Improving default content

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:09:30 -0500

Howdy folks.  Amos and I have a task for the final 1.10 release to
overhaul and improve the default database that ships with Zope.

Zope should provide, out of the box, attractive content that is
effective in introducing new users to Zope.  Since we are on track to be
in the RH 6 Powertools CD and the Debian distribution, the 1.10 database
needs to be pretty good.

Obviously there is an overlap to our in-progress overhaul of the
zope.org site, where we want to make it very easy for people to quickly
find out what Zope is and why they should invest time and energy in
exploring it.

Thus, I'm soliciting comments for how we can improve the default
content.

As a postscript, I'd like to reiterate our apologies for our drop in
attention over the last two weeks.  We really are fighting off the
disaster of getting screwed by our InfiNet, our (now previous) ISP.  Our
entire office is dialed up over one modem as one IP address.  Hacking
around this has consumed much of the engineering time around here :^(.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909