[Zope] RE: Shattered Dreams

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:46:57 -0600

Just to let anyone who was concerned with my case that the pressure is
off for the moment. I have succeeded in re-achieving the status of the
Zope database prior to its crash, and moving past. I remain impressed by
the system's ease of programming. I had previously implemented portions
of these systems in NeoWebScript and PHP3, and it compares favorably
with both. (Well, in point of fact, it is far out of NeoWebScript's
league, since said lingo is a rotten excuse for web programming.
Apparently NeoSoft suffers from the NIH syndrome, which is sad, since I
have met some of their techs, and they're generally pretty froody
fellows.)

	However, any advice that anyone can offer regarding how to
increase stability, such as examples of particularly stable
configurations and what setup was gone through to attain them, would be
greatly appreciated.