[Zope] RE: sendmail and variable mailto

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:40:04 -0600

Well, I see in the earlier 'Hiding Products' discussion how to set
folder properties. But that makes me wonder...

What happens when two people hit my page at the same time? Each enters
their data, including an email, and reach the response page at about the
same time. The contents of the pages are uniquely rendered, but surely
their interactions with folder properties could cause some weird
overlap, like this:

A requests the page.
B requests the page.
Zope starts processing A's page.
Zope sets the folder attribute based on A's email address
Zope starts processing B's page.
Zope sets the folder attribute based on B's email address
Zope sends mail for A to current folder address - which is B's address.
Zope sends mail for B to current folder address - which is B's address.
A gets no response.
B gets two responses.

This won't do. I really need to be able to send mail using only the
received variable, and no folder properties; at least no dynamic ones.

Please help.