[Zope] DTML Doc property from DTML Method in tag

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:28:41 +0100

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 10:53:48AM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
[my suggestion snipped]

> I think this would work if docs was a group of actual objects. However,
> docs is a "lines" Folder property. So, the sequence-item is just a string.

Aah, I see what you want now. Sorry to give the wrong suggestions.

> If I say:
> <!--#var "sequence-item + '.title'"-->, it will say "test.title".
> However, I can seem to get it to actually track down test.title
> as if I had done:
> <!--#var test.title-->

You can or you can't? (typo?)

Wasn't there some mention of a 'secret method' called render a while
back? Something like:

"_.render(sequence-item + '.title')"

might do the trick?

> (BTW, I tried the example you gave and it prints the Folder's title.)

Yes, it would if it couldn't find any other title, of course.

Regards,

Martijn