[Zope] Starting Zope?

Kristian Vilmann kristian@vilmann.com
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:52:11 +0100

Hello,

I just installed Zope on my Linux-box a few days ago, and I must say I'm
impressed.
I tried Zope-zserver, but figured that I'd rather have it running through
Apache.
So I followed the WEBSERVER.TXT, but it didn't work. After a while playing
around with it, I noticed that pcgi.pid and pcgi.soc wasn't in
/var/local/zope/.

I don't know what, but something made me run Zope.cgi from Apache's
cgi-bin-directory, and suddenly pcgi.pid and pcgi.soc were there! Of course
Zope.cgi gave me some error messages, but now the thing is working.

What did I miss? Is this in the docs somewhere? Do I have to start something
before I try to access Zope through the web-browser.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

/kristian

--
Kristian Vilmann - kristian@vilmann.com

Disclaimer -- These opiini^H^H damn! ^H^H ^Q ^[ .... :w :q :wq :wq! ^d ^X ^?
exitX Q ^C ^? :quitbye CtrlAltDel ~~q :~q logout save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz
^[ZZZZZZ ^vi man vi ^@ ^L ^[c ^# ^E ^X ^I ^T ? help helpquit ^D ^d !! man
help ^C ^c :e! help exit ?Quit ?q CtrlShftDel "Hey, what does Stop L1A d..."