[Zope] ZOPE ODBC on Linux

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:02:16 -0500

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 01:38:27PM -0800, Randall Marbach wrote:
> Is it possible for a Zope 1.9 installation running on a linux platform (redhat
> 5.2) to access a MS ACCESS database located on a different NT server via the
> ODBC support built into Zope?

Well, this would require an ODBC driver under Linux, which obviously
Microsoft doens't provide.  I don't currently know of any ODBC driver
that is freely available that runs on a UNIX variant.

> If not, is there some other way to do this?

You might check out...
http://starship.skyport.net/crew/lemburg/mxODBC.html

It might have some more information.  (un)Fortunately I talk native to
all my databases, but ODBC is "native" for MS products.

Chris