[Zope] Feature Request Withdrawal(RE Non-English User Names)

LEE, Kwan Soo kslee@plaza1.snu.ac.kr
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:28:47 +0900

*I have posted almost same message using www.egroups.com/list/Zope from an internet cafe just before the New Year's Day Holiday Season on Lunar Calendar began. But interestingly, that message does not seem get to the list and I
got an mail from support@digicool.com on the last day of holidays on my OFFICE!(I just dropped in to see everything going well).
Sorry & poor those at DC.

I am withdrawing my former Feature Request(numbered 22 or 23), since what I asked(see below) is not your fault but those at Netscape.

Waiting for DC's reply, I have hacked around the User.py(it took several days since I am an awful newbie at python & programing) to see what's goinng on myself.

Now I can definately say, Lynx & MS IE 4.x(English version & Korean version)  do not cause any problem with Non-English User Name, but Netscape Navigator DOES no matter what language version and on what os. It simply delivers
only a part of the whole auth string.

I have verified this on Win95, Win98 & Linux using various versions of above mentioned browsers at several places which uses different methods to be connected to the net(that's why I posted the undelivered mail from an internet
cafe not from my office). And posted a bug report to Netscape.

Sincere apology for the nuisance that my hassle caused. : - (

LEE Kwan Soo.

PS, I suppose that Netscape Navigators for other languages have the same problem. If it happens to be a concern for you, please 'bug report' to Netscape to press them quicker remedy.