[Zope] (Fwd) Zope musings

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:58:30 -0500

David wrote:
> I just tried it, and it worked fine for what I tried to do!  Netscape
> Composer complains a little about the odd URLs, but at least
> it lets you
> publish it anyway, and it seems to work just fine!  I don't
> know what I'd
> done wrong before.

I do: Zope PUT support was broken. :^)  Also, trying to publish a
filename with a character that must be quoted for a URL, such as
"index.html~" (an Emacs backup file) currently makes it mad.

> I'll give that a shot with the target audience, see how it goes.

I'm interested to hear the results.

Also, Brian Lloyd here implemented a feature that extracts DTML Document
Properties from META tags.  Thus, your customers could you Composer's
friendly GUI for adding meta information to their documents without
needing to know HTML.  (Alternatively you could create templates that
had them automatically).

With this, things like the Find machinery and the still-incubating Zope
search facility could harness some powerful cataloging facilities.  Just
something to thing about...