[Zope] Apache and ZServer

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:11:17 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 08:50:00AM -0000, Phil Harris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm sat here thnking to my self, 'surely I could use the apache version of
> Zope for HTTP and use the ZServer for FTP'ing all content to it'.

Great idea... but...

> Sounds good to me.  Can anyone see any problems with doing this?  Would Zope
> care if both the Apache and ZServer parts were running side-by-side?

Can you say lock management? :-) RIght now the POS doesn't support
multiple writers, and I don't think there's any way for ZServer NOT to
write to the database.  (I mean guarantee it).  So either you'd need to
wait for Zbase3 (is this the right name? :-) which has concurrent writer
support in theory, or figure out a way to guarantee that the apache side
of it not to touch it.  Also, you'd have caching issues, I'd think.

Chris