[Zope] (Fwd) Zope musings

Scott Robertson sroberts@codeit.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:29:06 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Paul Everitt wrote:

> Scott Robertson wrote:
> > Oh God, I can't belive I'm about to suggest this but... How hard would it
>
> You need a refresher course at the Reeducation Center :^)
>
> > be to support the frontpage extensions through Zope? (I feel so dirty)
> > Unfortunatly some of our clients use frontpage. Which at the moment keeps
> > me from moving them into Zope.
>
> Last I looked into this, MS provides only binary extensions to integrate
> with the web server.  It really isn't possible to integrate it into Zope
> -- it specifically diddles files on the filesystem through a CGI script.

I thought there were two parts to it? One being slight mods to to the web
server and the other was a set of cgi scripts. Dosen't Microsoft give
those extensions away though? Hmmm I wonder how hard they could be to
reverse engineer.

- Scott Robertson             Phone: 714.972.2299 -
- CodeIt Computing            Fax:   714.972.2399 -
-                http://codeit.com                -