[Zope] Bug with External Methods and default params?

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:47:48 +0100

Stefan Franke wrote:

> There seems to be a problem calling external methods with default
> parameters from
> DTML docs. I've got an external method (original signature):
>
>     def pfadleiste(self, pfadleisten_info, cut_last_entry):
>        "..."
>
> calling it via
>
>     <!--#var "pfadleiste(self, info, 0)"-->
>
> is no problem at all, but if I change the signature to
>
>     def pfadleiste(self, pfadleisten_info, cut_last_entry=1):
>
> calling the same page in an identical context gives one of these darned
> screwed-up "TypeError: read-only buffer, class" error that unluckily
> hide
> the original exception (a permanent pain when debugging -- if this
> changes with the new Zope version it would be a reason for me to upgrade
> even my existing system).

I've seen the same symptoms. See an earlier post of mine (titled:
Re: [Zope] external methods and REQUEST)

I think the default parameter bug is the culprit there too.

(goes to check the bugs database)

Regards,

Martijn