[Zope] Re: Zope Debian package?

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:24:23 -0500

Matthias Klose wrote:

> Gregor Hoffleit writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > since a few people asked:
>
> [... yope package]
>
> what about of packaging python-1.5.2b2 first? (Or did I miss this one
> ;-) How many packages need to be ported/changed? As far as I can
> remember zope requires (?) python1.5.2b2 in some places (or was it
> IDLE?)

Must be IDLE, as Python 1.52b2 actually _breaks_ Zope.  For some reason
Guido _decremented_ the version number of the Python thread API.
ExtensionClass, one of the core C extension modules used by our stuff,
checks to see if the version number is high enough and thus that it can
work with the thread API.

The final Zope 1.10 release, which I guess we'll do in the next few
days, looks for this and compensates for it.  It also adds folder
import/export in the HTML GUI which is a pretty useful thing.

--Paul