[Zope] How-do-I use a form and do an insert/update?

LD Landis ldl@LDL.HealthPartners.COM
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 08:07:31 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

  I'm still on 1.9, and missing a concept...

  I have defined an addPersonForm that works just like I want, which I
  execute by http://localhost:9673/SVC/addPersonForm.

  I have a ZSQL method named addPerson that has arguments: name, addr,
  city, state, zip and phone, which works fine by itself (it prompts for
  the info)...

  In addPersonForm, the POST method is addPerson... but (now you're
  chuckling I'm sure ;-) as you know, the doggone addPerson isn't using the
  stuff that addPersonForm collected...

  I've read through (some skimming I'll admit) all of the docs that I can
  get my hands on, and have resorted to asking...

  FWIW, I am thinking that ZSQL methods are the way to go, since they
  hook up to the db connection instance... I'm willing to hack the SQL
  stuff that I need in an "external method" (although I haven't done that)
  but am reluctant to go that way since I don't know how to access the Zope
  DB connection from an external method (I don't know enough to use the
  Z*DA guys directly I guess is my problem??)

  TIA.

--
Cheers,
	--ldl