[Zope] splitting the mailing list?

Michael Olivier molivier@yahoo.com
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:09:31 -0800 (PST)

As a newcomer to this list, I am finding myself overloaded by the
level of traffic (>50 messages/day it seems), and wonder if there are
one or more natural split points for the mailing list. PostGreSQL has
about 6-8 mailing lists (see www.postgresql.com), and that seems to
work well...

The thought of "live with the traffic or go away" just seems so
punitive :) ... it's hard to decide what I need to read - what applies
to me - so I'm left to choose between reading more than I can really
afford to and not reading enough and being way in the dark.

Could the list be divided along lines of
- functionality?
- type of work being done?
- background or Zope skill level of individuals?

I'd personally love a mailing list that was for web server
"lightweights" using Zope, Apache, and Linux.

If there was some way to divide up the discussions, it would really
help me and others coming into the fray. The traffic is only going to
get heavier as more folks start using Zope. (A "good problem" for DC,
as they say.)

--Michael