[Zope] size of text area in "Edit" view of Documents...

Piers Lauder piers@cs.su.oz.au
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:44:49 +1100

Many thanks for your reply (and please excuse my delayed response)...

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:57:47 +0100, Martijn Pieters wrote:

  > At 04:09 18/02/99 , Piers Lauder wrote:
  > >I have a query about the size of the text area in "Edit" views of Documents.
  > >
  > >This is far too small for my liking, and I've found that the Taller/Wider
  > >buttons only work once - the result is still too small. My question is:
  > >can I alter the default height and width in the Zope source somewhere -
  > >if so where? (And why don't the change-size buttons work more than once?)
  >
  > Dunno, they work fine for me, they size all the way to Alaska if needed. What
  > browser do you use?

Netscape 4.5 - but I think I've tracked the problem down to
having cookies turned off. At least, if I turn them on, the
problem disappears (I should have thought of that before :-)

Incidentally, just in case you've also tried this, I found
a default definition for "dtpref_cols" in  "Document.py"
and changed it to '100', but to no effect. Is there some
other place I need to change something to alter the defaults?

  > >A second query is - can I save the DTML from the edit view to a file,
  > >edit the file, and then upload the result to replace the original DTML?
  > >(Which might be far faster than using the browser window's non-existsent
  > >editing abilities :-)
  >
  > Using ZServer you can use FTP to get the DTML source, and put it back the same
  > way.

I can't get this to work - possibly because I already have an ftp server
at the same site. But then I'm not sure I'm using Zserver - is that the
same thing as "serve.sh" starts? If I *was* using ZServer, then how would
I get ftp to connect to it rather than a default ftp server at the same
site?

(I'm using Zope's 1.9 release).