[Zope] size of text area in "Edit" view of Documents...

Martijn Pieters mj@atmm.nl
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:39:51 +0100

>Incidentally, just in case you've also tried this, I found
>a default definition for "dtpref_cols" in  "Document.py"
>and changed it to '100', but to no effect. Is there some
>other place I need to change something to alter the defaults?

The file lib/python/OFS/documentEdit.dtml defaults to a 50 by 20 textfield, if
no cookie values are set for the sizes.

>I can't get this to work - possibly because I already have an ftp server
>at the same site. But then I'm not sure I'm using Zserver - is that the
>same thing as "serve.sh" starts? If I *was* using ZServer, then how would
>I get ftp to connect to it rather than a default ftp server at the same
>site?
>
>(I'm using Zope's 1.9 release).

ZServer 1.0 alpha 2 is an integration of Zope and Medusa, a python webserver.
It is intended to be integrated into the forthcoming Zope 2 release, replacing
the current ZopeHTTPServer. The current relase is of alpha quality and is
really only intended for Zope hackers, and it requires Zope 1.10.0pr1 (or
higher =)).

This new server adds FTP and PCGI support. For more info, see the ZServer
download page: http://www.zope.org/Download/ZServer/

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer