[Zope] Adding users in External method

Theodore Patrick tpatrick@IndigoNetworks.com
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:31:39 -0600

There is a default object in any user_folder called manage_users

It handles managing users in the user folders.

If you have manager privileges as a user, submitting the following form in
the user folder will add a user to the folder. You could process these in
DTML to remove the security. If using dtml, Be careful this is a security
hole if allow the users to be set as manager!!!

<!--#var standard_html_header-->

<FORM ACTION="acl_users/manage_users" METHOD="POST">
name<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="name" SIZE="20"><BR><BR>
password<INPUT TYPE="PASSWORD" NAME="password" SIZE="40"><BR><BR>
password2<INPUT TYPE="PASSWORD" NAME="confirm" SIZE="40"><BR><BR>
domains<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="domains:tokens" VALUE="" SIZE="40"><BR><BR>
Roles<SELECT NAME="roles:list" SIZE="5" MULTIPLE><OPTION
VALUE="User">User</SELECT><BR><BR>
<INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="submit" VALUE="Add">

If you had the users info as variables you could set them = to the name
values of the fields above in dtml:

<newuserfolder>.acl_users.manage_users.name = namevalue
ect...
ect...
ect...

The syntax above is incorrect but I think you get the point. Just convert
the form to dtml.

Hope that helps.