[Zope] Splitting the Zope mailling

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:19:43 +0100

Ken Manheimer wrote:
[snip]
>         zope@zope.org                   zope-dev@zope.org
>         -------------                   -----------------
>         installation and operation      dtml coding questions and hints
>         content management              using the programmer APIs
>         desired user-level features     new and existing architecture design
>         business decisions              contributed widgets
>             w.r.t. open source
>         public relations in general
>
> These are off the top of my head - and i'm relatively new to the
> community, so i'm quite open to suggestions about what belongs where.
> Overall question is, does the split make sense in principle?

I'm not against this split. However, I'll end up subscribing to both
anyway, as both areas interest me. I suspect the same would happen with
most of us, as I think most of us are interested in desired user level
features and business decisions on how to proceed with Zope as well as
the coding side of things.

I'm also a bit vague about the two 'categories' we're looking at. That
is, 'zope-dev' is fairly clear, but 'zope' is everything left over (and
it could be argued desired user-level features also belongs on
zope-dev). Perhaps this is the intent, anyway?

It is however unlikely you can do a mailing list split that will allow
many people to unsubscribe from one or the other right now, and a split
is useful to me anyway in that there'll be more structure in my mailbox
(with the appropriate mail filters).

Regards,

Martijn