[Zope] Splitting the Zope mailling

Phil Harris wmlph@d033.ml.uwcm.ac.uk
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:28:09 -0000

You have a good point,  I belong to another list, PHP3, where the same
discussion has been raging for months.

The basic feeling there is that if the list was split, the 'experts' would
leave thereby the questions on the list would be answered by 'less well
informed humans' :).

This would then 'force' the 'mere mortals' on the original list to migrate.
Thereby creating the problem all over again.

The PHP3 list btw has about double the traffic of this list.

Recently, the list came up with a very simple method to make the list easier
to digest.

All posts should have a 'topic indicator', for example, all posts about
installing should be marked as [INSTALL].  All development posts marked as
[DEVEL] and etc.

Seems to be working a treat.

my 2c

See ya