[Zope] Re: Zope performance ?

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:23:19 -0500

Chris wrote:
> Given a "snapshot" of the Zope site, you could run webstones
> (from SGI)
> against it with a reasonable subset of pages, but again, it's all
> hand-waving in it's relation to reality---but that's the joy of
> benchmarks, they're only useful for proving that it's fast doing THAT.

Last time I looked at that benchmark (about 2 years ago), installing and
using it was about 50 times harder than installing and using our server.

[snip]
> increases.  mod_pcgi is probably the best option for glueing into
> Apache, in my opinion, and probably would reduce the problems 10 fold
> with authentication, etc.

OK, when can we have it? :^)  Of course, while it reduces the current
set of problems ten fold, it might just well create the same amount of
new problems.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909