[Zope] Re: Zope performance ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:09:06 +0100

Paul Everitt wrote:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:
> >
> > With all this hype about Zope being high performance, I was wondering:
> > how well does Zope perform in hits/second using an average setup, e.g.
> > Apache, P266, Linux ?
> >
> > As reference I'd suggest using a page with some dynamic HTML
> > generation not too far down the site's path.
>
> I've never been too good at test methodologies.  There are so many
> things to take into account: interference of the client, interference of
> the network, getting enough clients involved, etc.

You're right, of course. But the numbers that you gave at least
point out the order of magnitude, which is what I had hoped for.
Thanks for doing the tests.

Does anyone have similar numbers for other dynamic engines, such
as ASP driven servers ? I am really only interested, if its
1 hit/second, 10 hits/second or 100 hits/second -- these comparisons
aren't too accurate anyway, but they do give a feeling for the term
"high performance".

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 309 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :