[Zope] Re: Splitting the Zope mailling

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:30:30 -0500

    > The basic feeling there is that if the list was split, the 'experts'
    > would leave thereby the questions on the list would be answered by
    > 'less well informed humans' :).

I will offer an alternate, though probably minority opinion.  I only use a
few of the components that go into Zope, so I find it too time-consuming to
read this list closely any more because it's filled with tons of stuff I
have no interest in.  Zope is great stuff, but it's not for everyone.  This
someone is publishing objects using ZopeHTTPServer (I'll switch to ZServer
eventually I imagine) and DTML. I'm not really interested in all the stuff
in Ken's left-hand column.

I thought this topic was brought up about a month ago.  I was surprised to
see the split hasn't yet occurred.

Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583