[Zope] Preserving Settings during a user's session

Paul Jackson pj@sam.engr.sgi.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:12:01 -0800

|> Errr, could you hash in the user name as well so that ...

If this just an exercise in generating a unique number,
then that reminds of me of longstanding discussions
culminating in such things as:

|> Network Working Group               Paul J. Leach, Microsoft
|> INTERNET-DRAFT                             Rich Salz, Certco
|> <draft-leach-uuids-guids-01.txt>
|> Category: Standards Track
|> Expires August 4, 1998                      February 4, 1998
|>

|>                              UUIDs and GUIDs
|>

|> ABSTRACT
|>
|>   This specification defines the format of UUIDs (Universally Unique
|>   IDentifier), also known as GUIDs (Globally Unique IDentifier). A UUID
|>   is 128 bits long, and if generated according to the one of the
|>   mechanisms in this document, is either guaranteed to be different
|>   from all other UUIDs/GUIDs generated until 3400 A.D. or extremely
|>   likely to be different (depending on the mechanism chosen). UUIDs
|>   were originally used in the Network Computing System (NCS) [1] and
|>   later in the Open Software Foundation's (OSF) Distributed Computing
|>   Environment [2].

I won't rest till it's the best ...	   Software Production Engineer
Paul Jackson (pj@sgi.com; pj@usa.net) 3x1373 http://sam.engr.sgi.com/pj