[Zope] programming under zope

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:43:17 -0500

Sebastian wrote:
> - i need to write a keyword search engine, but how can i scan the
>   documents in the data.bbb file?

You shouldn't think in terms of scanning through the database file.
Since this is an object oriented system, get to the data through the
objects (that is, through the app).

For an example of what you want, take a look at how the Find command
works.

> - i need to read and write files but my attempts failed - is this a
>   problem with my script or a common situation?

Uhh, you'll have to be more descriptive. :^)

> - i want to store small amounts of information - what is the
> best approach
>   (a database connection would be overkill)

Take a look at the contributed TinyTables package from Ty Sarna.  It
might not work if you want to collect individual records from a web
form.  Obviously our Z Tables package (see previous post today) would be
a good choice but it is only available on a limited basis right now.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909